Dear All: I want to bring to your attention the new Anthropological Journal of European Cultures special issue on culture, power and policy in the new Europe. Best, Bilge Firat, Istanbul Technical University
THEMATIC FOCUS: CULTURE, POWER AND POLICY IN THE NEW EUROPE
- Crisis, Power, and Policymaking in the New Europe Why should Anthropologists Care? BILGE FIRAT
- The Production of ‘Local Culture’ in Post-Socialist Poland JARO STACUL
- Policy-Making in the Italian Courts: The Affermazione Civile Project and the Struggle over Recognition of Rights for Same-Sex Couples in Italy LAUREN A. ANAYA
- Reproductive Governance in the New Europe: Competing Visions of Morality, Sovereignty, and Supranational Policy JOANNA MISHTAL
- Food Activism in Italy as an Anthropology of Direct Democracy CRISTINA GRASSENI
- The Accession Pedagogy: Power and Politics in Turkey’s Bid for EU Membership BILGE FIRAT
Call for Papers: International Conference
Professor Nikolas Rose (King’s College London)
Professor Cris Shore (University of Auckland)
The politics and ethics of responsibility in contemporary life
August 15th to 17th 2014
Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Presented by the Anthropology Programme at Victoria University of Wellington and Anthropology in the School of Social Sciences at the University of Auckland.
Conference conveners: Dr. Catherine Trundle and Associate Professor Susanna Trnka
The deadline for submitting 200 word abstracts and short biographies (1-2 sentences) is June 1st 2014; email to both Catherine Trundle email@example.com and Susanna Trnka firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected papers will be invited to be part of an edited volume.
Full detail is at the continuation link.