CWA (Council for World Anthropologies) is able to offer modest support for (some) travel expenses for international participants at the annual AAA meetings — so that panels can “internationalize” sessions by including participants from outside the United States. Please keep this opportunities in mind in planning sessions!
The details are below.
Janine R. Wedel
University Professor, George Mason University
President, Association for the Anthropology of Policy
Forwarded message from CWA
Greetings. We’re writing to you from our positions as Co-Chairs of the Committee on World Anthropologies (CWA). We want to ask if you would please forward this message to all Section heads as the CWA is once again able to offer modest support for (some) travel expenses for international participants at the annual AAA meetings. We would like word to get out now so that panel organizers are encouraged to consider “internationalizing” sessions by including participants from outside the United States. Our deadline for submission of requests is April 1, 2016. Section heads or panel organizers should submit the following to Alexandre Duchene ([email protected]), cc-ing Florence Babb ([email protected]), and Carla Fernandez ([email protected]):
Request for CWA travel support for international participants at 2016 AAA
1. Name and contact information of person submitting request:
2. Date of submission of request to CWA:
3. Title, abstract, and participants in your proposed AAA session:
4. Name, paper title, and abstract for international participant’s presentation on AAA panel:
5. Short bio for international participant, showing what s/he will add to the session:
6. Short description of how the session relates to the mission of CWA:
7. Itemized budget for proposed international participant’s travel (giving departure city, airline, and current airfare to Minneapolis, MN), and indication of need (how much of the travel expense will be covered by the participant’s home institution?):
8. What AAA Section is the likely sponsor of this session, and do you wish to have CWA consider co-sponsorship? (We have a very limited number of co-sponsorships.)
Thanks very much. We welcome early requests, queries, and other communications!
All best wishes,
Florence Babb and Alexandre Duchene