Dear ASAP members,
We hope your 2018 is off to a good start!
At ASAP, we have several positions opening up this year.
In terms of formal elections, we need to fill two positions:
1. An officer-at-large whose duties are not formally prescribed but who has been involved especially in mentoring and awards. The term is for three years.
2. Two co-presidents-elect who have responsibility for most of ASAP activities at the AAA meetings. The term is for two years, followed by two years as co-presidents, and then two years as past-presidents.
If you have a potential interest in any of these, please contact Janine Wedel ([email protected]) who, as past-president, chairs the nominations committee. Note that the co-president-elects work as a team, and the ASAP goal is to match two people who represent different world regions and who have complementary background and skills.
>>>>> Please contact her by Friday January 26.
We also have several appointed board positions that will also become available this year:
1. A web manager, who can work in tandem with our current Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter managers. The web is maintained in Word Press and you can review it at www.anthofpolicy.org
2. An overall communications committee chair
3. An education committee chair
If you have interest in any of those, please contact David Haines, co-president, at [email protected]. There is no formal deadline on these positions, but the sooner the better!
We would also be grateful to have additional people involved informally in our committees on media, education, and member outreach. We are particularly interested this year in ways to branch out beyond the AAA. If you have interest in any of those areas, also contact David ([email protected]).
Janine Wedel, Past President
Cris Shore, Co-President
David Haines, Co-President